1 small butternut squash
1/2 lb sunchokes
2 large carrots
1 white onion – thinly sliced
8 shitake mushrooms – thick slice
3 cloves garlic – minced
1/4 C dried bing cherries
1/4 C golden raisins
2 TBSP hemp seeds
1 TBSP raw coconut aminos
1 TBSP dried thyme
1 TBSP dried oregano
1 TBSP dried sage
1 TBSP dried, chopped, rosemary
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Roast butternut squash, sunchokes, and carrots. Sprinkle with dried rosemary, thyme, sage, and oregano. When Vegetables are tender, move on to step 3.
- On the stove, heat a small soup pot over a high flame. Once hot, add onions. Saute onions until they begin to caramalize. When the bottom of the pot is caramalized, add a little water to the pot. The caramalization will release itself from the pot and you can continue to saute the onions.
- Repeat this process twice, then add the garlic. Continue with the de-caramalization-with-water process one more time.
- Add mushrooms and saute.
- Add bing cherries, raisins, coconut aminos, hemp seeds and roasted vegetables to pot. Mix all ingredients together.
- Transfer 1/2 of the pot to a blender with enough water to cover all vegetables. This will be the pureed portion of the soup. Once this soup is at the consistency of your liking, add back to pot.
To feeling alive!