It’s Thanksgiving! So, I am making cornbread for the crew in Israel. This thanksgiving, I am thankful for being in Israel, a Land I am proud to call my own. I am thankful for my health. I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for my friends. And, I am thankful for you, whoever you may be, reading this blog. I hope I have been able to help you on your journey to living a healthier life.
Sending love and light from Israel,
1 1/2 C cornmeal
1/2 C whole wheat pastry flour
2 TBSP chia – soaked
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
1 C unsweetened rice milk
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce (I made my own, peel and core 2 apples, put in a blender with 1/2 C water and blend until creamy)
1/4 C honey
1 C corn kernels (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together chia, honey, rice milk, and applesauce.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix. Add corn kernels.
- Fill an 11 x 8 x 2″ pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until you stick a fork into the center and it comes out dry.
To feeling alive!
Chef Raw Raw