Hello to my beautiful community!
Tonight I was talking with a friend about health and wellness and he asked me to give him my 5 guidelines to health (regarding food). Below is what I told him:
- Drink a lot of water. Between 3-4 quarts a day.
- Eat a lot of fresh, fruits and vegetables. The more raw, the better, but cooked is welcomed as well! (And make sure to chew your food, so as to help your body properly digest it, without wasting any energy)!
- Limited processed or refined foods. Stick to whole grains, quinoa, amaranth, sprouted breads, etc.
- Give yourself one day to feed your mind, body, and soul, guilt free. Eat whatever you want. Look forward to this day, so the other days don’t seem as restricting.
- Never cut out any food group completely. Listen to your body. If you crave something, listen to that craving, so you can move on. Remember, every body is different.
So, these are my guidelines to health. Living a healthy lifestyle is truly about listening to your mind, body, and soul. All three have different needs, so we must honor them each. By paying proper attention to all three, we become in balance.
I didn’t touch on the importance of exercise and meditation, but that’s only because he was interested in my culinary coaching. I’ll touch on those topics in another post, but for this blog let’s focus on the food. Eating foods that are healthy and living is fun and tasty! Check out my most recent portfolio and then let me know if you think I’m being deprived of anything!
Chef Raw Raw